With the second half of the maple board I bought for my mash paddle, I chose to make another. This time I spent less time on what design and chose to stick with a basic 6 hole vent. I wanted the process to go quicker and easier, so I went with my 1″ hole drill bit for all the openings and connected them up as seen below.
I routed all the edges round and sanded away.
The end result came out really nice. The size was based on my large pot, with a 17″ paddle and a 41″ overall length. I though about trimming it down to just have 2 vents, but haven’t really decided. I may just put this on ebay and see what I can get – similar ones are going for $50 easily.